BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

News from Texas!

It was a great day! I finally got to make it to Lubbock to go to the Temple there. It started being built while I was on my mission, here in Texas, back in 2001-03. So, the day started out pretty gray... I figured it was weather coming off of Huricane Ike. But.....

After we were done doing some baptisms for the dead, we walked outside, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day!


For lunch we stopped by Fazoli's.
(Left - Right) Sarah, Natalie, Me, Elder Schalg, Rudy, Sister Schlag, Alton, Bryce, and Kyle.
As for how things are going. I am doing very well in my class. I am maintaining higher than 90% on my tests. And I am REALLY enjoying everything I am learning. I am anticipating finding out where the Air Force wants to send me next. I really hope I find out within the next few weeks. As for church, I attend the Student branch here in San Angelo. And I am the Branch Mission Leader. Which was fun in itself... but when Elder & Sister Schlag(yes, these would be one in the same from Colorado Springs..at one point was in our Stake Presidency while I was growing up) showed up last week. It is amazing how you meet up with people again down the road.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I still think that it is amazing how the Lord and the Air Force work together to set you up with people you know! What a great temple trip!! Sure do miss you! Anni prayed for you last night.

rachel said...

nice pics of the temple! thanks for the update!

Roger and Marty said...

Hi son, Sounds like everything is going well. Thanks for the very nice pictures. Love ya, Dad