BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Trying New Things


At work yesterday, we were deciding what to do for lunch - and someone suggested we go out for Sushi. I've never tried it. I have only smelt it, and thought it smelt gross enough not to try it, and I was totally content with that. But, lo and behold I went along with it. A group of us from work went to Sushi Teri - in downtown Lompoc. I tried the Philadelphia roll. It was made of Salmon, Avocado, and cream cheese(yeah, I know - sounds good, right?). So, I built it up in my mind, and then put one of those things in my mouth. It was pretty gross. But I wasn't spitting it out (It cost me $5.95!!). That was all I ate off THAT plate, and moved on to the rest of my food. The sushi was just to mushee for me. Later I found out that the Philadelphia Roll is something for the "more experienced" sushi eater would get. So, maybe in a few months, I will get the strength to try other kinds of sushi. So, I can neither recommend it, nor not recommend it. But on another happy note - Happy December!! I LOVE this time of year. Only 22 more days till I get to be with family!!

2 comments:

Eli said...

I find that it's best drowned in soy sauce. And really, it's not so much for the flavor or texture, but you just come off as somehow sophisticated and well-cultured if you say you like sushi. Even if you can just choke it down, you look better if you say you enjoy it. Maybe fill up on a cheeseburger ahead of time though.

Roger and Marty said...

I've been cured once again of even trying sushi!! No thanks...I'll remain uncultured!!